Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Evolution of a Painting II

This piece has come so far since I first started it about 3-4 years ago. Though I haven't worked on it daily, it's transformed in so many ways visually. However, for me, conceptually it's carried the same theme throughout its lifespan. This piece has promoted exploration/discovery within myself. Working on this painting has become a therapy session. I suppose all works of art could be considered therapeutic but this one particularly holds so much weight to me. In a way, this painting has become more about its process and less about its outcome. I never feel finished with my paintings and after all the years, I still feel this painting is incomplete. I'm almost there but here's its progress thus far. If you want to see it's origin, look back at Evolution of a Painting I

No comments:

Post a Comment